Tysons Corner Bicycle Master Plan
Welcome! This interactive map is provided as part of a Fairfax County planning initiative, to gather comments from the public about bicycling conditions in Tysons Corner. We are looking for information about streets and routes that you use, routes you believe are bicycle-friendly, or un-friendly, and areas where you think improvements are needed. The comments will be gathered and used in the planning process that is underway to develop a Bicycle Master Plan for Tysons Corner.
Here is how you can participate:
1) You can place a marker (point) on the map, assign it to a category, and make a comment about the issue or condition you are pointing out.
--Add markers by clicking on the "Add Marker" link at the top of the page and then clicking the appropriate location in the map. Please enter a short, descriptive title and select a category. Use the “Description” field to elaborate further on the nature of the issue addressed or improvement suggested.
2) You can draw a line on the map to represent a route, and place one or more markers on it to provide a comment that explains what the line represents.
--Add lines by clicking the “Start A Path” link at the top of the page and then clicking at successive points on the map to indicate the direction of the path. (Note: More than two points are required to make a curved path). Promote at least one of path’s end points to a marker by clicking on the end point and clicking “Promote to Marker” in the call-out box. Please enter a short, descriptive title and category. Use the “Description” field to elaborate.
3) You can add a comment about a location that another person has already placed on the map.
--Add comments by clicking on the “Add Comment” link provided at the bottom of the callout box for each marker.
Show us the following items on the Map:
* An important destination for bicyclists. (Marker)
* A difficult intersection to navigate on a bike. (Marker)
* A bike route that you use regularly. (Path with Marker)
* A location where you always use the sidewalk to avoid motor vehicle traffic. (Marker or Path with Marker)
* A hazard (for example a bad drainage grate, dangerous driveway, or poor sight distance). Please specify the type of hazardous situation in the comment field. (Marker)
* On-road bike facility is needed. (Path with Marker)
* Off-road bike path (trail) is needed. (Path with Marker)
* Bike parking is needed. (Marker)
* An overpass, underpass or bridge improvement is needed. (Marker)
* A traffic signal needs to be made sensitive to a cyclist. (Marker)
* Special safety/warning signage is needed for cyclists and/or motorists. Please specify what the sign should convey. (Marker)
* Bicyclist wayfinding signs are needed. Please specify key destinations. (Marker)