<b>Thanks to all who contributed in developing this map. It will remain on the Internet for awhile longer, but you will not be able to add new information. We appreciate your thoughts and insight!</b>
Welcome! This interactive map is provided by the City of Cincinnati to gather comments from the public about bicycling conditions in the City. We are looking for information about streets and routes that you use, routes you believe are bicycle-friendly, or un-friendly, and areas where you think improvements are needed. The comments will be gathered and used in the planning process that is underway to develop a City-wide bicycling improvement plan.
<b>You can participate in three ways:</b>
<b>1st:</b> At the upper right, click on <b>login.</b>
<b>1) You can place a marker (point) on the map, assign it to a category, and make a comment about the issue or condition you are pointing out.</b>
--Add markers by clicking on the "Add Marker" link at the top of the page and then clicking the appropriate location in the map. Please enter a short, descriptive title and select a category. Use the “Description” field to elaborate further on the nature of the issue addressed or improvement suggested.
<b>2) You can draw a line on the map to represent a route or trail, and place one or more markers on it to provide a comment that explains what the line represents.</b>
--Add lines by clicking the “Start A Path” link at the top of the page and then clicking at successive points on the map to indicate the direction of the path. (Note: More than two points are required to make a curved path). Promote at least one of path’s end points to a marker by clicking on the end point and clicking “Promote to Marker” in the call-out box. Please enter a short, descriptive title and category. Use the “Description” field to elaborate.
<b>3) You can add a comment about a location that another person has already placed on the map.</b>
--Add comments by clicking on the “Add Comment” link provided at the bottom of the callout box for each marker.
Remember that you can use different map views by selecting "Map", "Satellite," or "Hybrid."
Please show us any of the following items on the Map:
1. A good side-street route, that provides an alternative to a main street. (Path & Marker)
2. A good scenic or recreational route. (Path & Marker)
3. A route that you use regularly. (Path & Marker)
4. The locations where you take your bike-on-the-bus (Metro) (i.e. where you board, and where you get off). (Path & Marker)
<b>BICYCLE UN-FRIENDLY CONDITIONS:</b>
5. A difficult intersection to navigate (Marker)
6. Where traffic is uncomfortable (i.e. too fast, too much, too many turning movements) (Marker)
7. Where street sweeping is needed (Marker)
8. Where dangerous drainage grates exist (Marker)
9. Where you know a bicycle crash took place (Marker)
<b>SPECIAL IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED:</b>
10. A bicycle and pedestrian path (trail) is needed (potential or proposed) (Path & Marker)
11. A short path connection is needed (a cut-thru) (Marker)
12. Bike parking is needed (Marker)
13. An overpass, underpass or bridge improvement is needed(Marker)
14. Bicycle access to an existing staircase is needed (Marker)
15. A signal needs to be made sensitive to a cyclist(Marker)
If you have any problems using this map, please send an email to: <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Cincinnati%20Bike%20Map">email@example.com</a>
--Review the content of a marker by clicking the marker icon on the map or clicking the link provided in the locations list on the left-hand side of the screen.
--Use the pan and zoom controls in the upper left-hand corner of the page to navigate the map, or pan by right-clicking on the map and dragging.
--Turn marker categories on and off by checking/unchecking the category in the map legend located in the upper right-hand corner of the map. The map legend can be minimized by clicking on the down arrow to the left of the word "Legend."
Thank you for your help! Your input will assist the City of Cincinnati in developing a bicycle master plan that will serve as the road map for making the city a great place to bike.
(just click on the map)