Marker reads This antebellum Greek Revival home was part of Bowman estate. Col. Abraham Bowman commanded 8th Va. Regt. in Revolution. Behind house was Todds Station, built 1779 by Levi Todd, grandfather of Mary Todd Lincoln and Emilie Todd Helm. Mrs. Helm, wife of CSA Gen. Ben H. Helm, bought house, 1912. Later owned by William H. Townsend, Lincoln authority. Listed on National Register, 1978.