Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Explore_small
Tutorials_small
Mymaps_small

Blank

Antioch Baptist Church

Category: Trolley Tour

Used in the following map:

Augusta Black Heritage Trolley Tour

Antioch has a prolific history that began when it was organized April 10, 1878, by its first five members: Brothers Abram Williams, John Bryant, Mark Bennett and Sisters Lena Bennett and Ira Green. The organization was effected by the Reverend Henry Roundtree, May Cartridge, G. R. Gibson and Deacon Samuel Ketch.

Antioch has had five buildings in three locations (two structures destroyed by fire) and ten pastors between 1878-2016. The first structure was located on Gwinnett Street (now known as Laney-Walker Boulevard), between Irwin Towers and the railroad.