Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Douglas Park Field House

Category: Community

Used in the following map:

Labor Trail

Named for Illinois Senator Stephen Douglas, this park helped attract the first major settlement of German, Dutch, and Irish immigrants to Chicago's West Side. The fieldhouse was built in 1928 to serve what had become Chicago's largest Jewish community. In February 1965, Chicago's third Urban Progress Center -- the local offices of the federal War on Poverty -- opened in this structure.