The winery is one of five wineries surviving out of some 60 such operations which once dominated the physical, economic and cultural livelihood of the Cucamonga Valley. Winery co-founder John B. Ellena focused his efforts after 1949 on producing wine vinegar almost exclusively, and the Regina Grape Products Co., as it was known in 1959, was the nation's leading producer of wine vinegar. Along with nationwide distribution of wine vinegar, the winery itself took on the flavor of a destination theme park with daily self guided tours, an annual grape festival and resident Lilliputian horses imported from Argentina. In 1968, the state's first restaurant on a winery site was opened. Sold to Heublein and later to Del Monte and its successors, the winery continued to produce wine vinegar under the Regina label and other products until 1992. The property was purchased in 1993 by the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Rancho Cucamonga. Although owned by the City, the Filipi family leases the property and it is a working winery, reception center, and gift store where one can enjoy wine tasting.