This building once served as First National Bank and Trust of Hermiston (first bank in Hermiston) which was built in 1907. It was moved in 1950 to the corner of 2nd and Main. In 1957 it was sold to U.S. Nat'l bank of Oregon and later became the Community bank of Hermiston. The bank was important because farmers needed to take loans out to plant crops. This building now serves as an architects office.
source: Mr. Roger Bounds, a family member of the bank's founder.