Search CommunityWalk:


Harmony Baptist Church, Second Home of Morehouse College

928 Hopkins Street
Augusta, Georgia, USA

Category: Trolley Tour

Used in the following map:

Augusta Black Heritage Trolley Tour

Harmony Baptist Church was organized in the city of Augusta, Georgia, in the spring of 1868 by Reverend William Jefferson White; the name “Harmony” was given to this group of Christian workers at the Springfield Baptist Church of Augusta.

Harmony’s origin started in the southern part of town in a grove and today, worship is held in the beautiful structure located at 930 Hopkins Street which was erected in 1990.


920521_s 920522_s