Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Marchione 's castle

Address:
Str.P.le Conversano 101 Putignano
Conversano- Bari, 70014
Phone .: 080.495.97.74 - 080.495.97.77

Category: Villa&Castle

Used in the following map:

ITALY

www.castellomarchione.com - info@castellomarchione.com
To the time, this building was House of hunting of the Acquaviva of Aragon, Duchi of Entrance halls, Getlteman of Teramo, Accounts of Conversano, etc, whose uninterrupted filiation laughed them to Rinaldo Acquaviva, Getlteman of Entrance halls, lived around to year Thousands. The Acquaviva of Aragon, in Puglia, resided habitually in the Castle of Conversano and used held Marchione which of hunting; it estate, constituted from forest of oak and Mediterranean spot, was extended two thousand tomoli, par to hectares 1.260; of such forest an oak copy survives whose age is valued in approximately five centuries. The legend wants that a underground passage connected Marchione with the Castle of Conversano. Conversano reached the Acquaviva of Aragon for wedding (1456) of Giulio Antonio, WAYS Duca of Entrance halls, with Caterina, daughter of Giovanni Antonio Orsini Of the Leap, Prince of Taranto. The County of Conversano, one of the seven potentati of Southern, going back Italy to year Thousands, is belonged, in the order, to the following Houses: Altavilla, Brienne, Enghien, Lussemburgo, Orsini Of the Leap, Acquaviva of Aragon, passing, always for wedding, from one House to the other. In century XIX, century of diffused degradation of the artistic patrimony, Marchione knew its worse moment: the forest dissodato, the building, data in rent, with after lands, to disattenti agriculturists to the artistic values, was used after agricultural premises (finds also from beginning photographies the 1900's). The building, that it introduces perfect simmetria is along the longitudinal axis is along that cross-sectional one, is developed on three plans: the flat earth, the mezzanine and the four towers, arranged to the chines of the building, all of medieval age, the advanced plan of age baroque-neoclassica (late the 1600's); this, second someone, would be work of the school of Vanvitelli. To the advanced plan the ceilings, originally in wood and paintings, were replaced, in century XIX, with tutt' the hour existing times in masonry; it is made exception for the hall centers them, on whose ligneo ceiling (originates them) is represented the coat of arms, inquartato, of the Acquaviva House of Aragon; this extension the Acquaviva coat of arms (rampante Lion) and the Coat of arms, in its turn inquartato, of Aragon (Poles, etc.); between the other figure the Filomarino coat of arms. In the same hall it is observed on the left wall (for who enters), painted on burlap, two genealogici trees: the first one is the genealogico tree of the House Acquaviva of Aragon, the second of the Enriquez House (real House of extinct Castile in the Filomarino House); on the opposite wall there is a picture to representing oil Giangirolamo II Acquaviva of Aragon, XXI Conte di Conversano etc, saying "the Guercio of the Puglie", lived in the 1600, founding one of Alberobello, famous for the maestria in the use of the crews, for the courage and its mecenatismo. On the same walls, more low, there are of the "Medaglioni" (painted to oil on branch), that they represent the several Duchi of Entrance halls of Acquaviva House of Aragon. Prince Julia Acquaviva of Aragon, around to years 1920-30, resumptions the possession of Marchione and started one patient restoration work. Such meritorious work of safeguard has been continued with love and engagement from the son Prince Don Fabio Tomacelli Filomarino (1920-2003), which to those of its family it joined for maternal descendancys the titles them of Acquaviva House of Aragon (Duca of Entrance halls, Conte di Conversano, etc).





Photos

163572_s 163573_s 163574_s 163575_s