Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Mellifont Abbey

Category: Carroll

Used in the following map:

Clan Colla Map

Cistercian abbey founded in 1142 by Donagh O'Carroll on the orders of Saint Malachy, Archbishop of Armagh. On the banks of the River Mattock, 6 miles north-west of Drogheda. O'Carroll gave the land. He gave 60 ounces of gold at the abbey's consecration in 1157.



Photos

709097_s