Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Mercury Statue

Address:
50 E Broad St
Rochester, NY 14614, US

Category: Historic Site

Used in the following map:

Rochester Labor History eMap

The Statue of Mercury was originally made of bronze in 1881 by the John Siddons Company and erected atop Kimball's Peerless Tobacco Works on the corner of Broad and Exchange streets. It was taken down in 1951 and put into storage before the Kimball's building was razed. In 1973 the statue was rebuilt by members of Sheet Metal Workers Local 46, working for the Spring Sheet Metal and Roofing Company. Mercury was then mounted on top of the Lawyers Cooperative Building (now West Thomson Company), across Broad Street from its former location.



Photos

C0000396 3311883607_9504140ec7_m 3311883433_8354e3dc20_m