Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Explore_small
Tutorials_small
Mymaps_small

Blank

Musée de l'Orangerie

Address:
Paris, 75008

Category: Museums

Used in the following map:

Hotel San Régis and surroundings

Closed for renovation since 2000, the Orangerie reopened in May 2006.
Inaugurated in 1927, the museum famously houses the celebrated Nymphéas (Water Lilies), now the centrepiece of the site’s collection once more and displayed “in natural light” as per the wishes of their equally famous creator, Claude Monet.
A new subterranean gallery under the Orangerie gardens hosts the Jean Walter and Paul Guillaume collection (Cézanne, Renoir, Picasso, Matisse...)