Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Pia Fortress

Address:
Piazza Matteotti
Tivoli, Lazio

Category: Villa&Castle

Used in the following map:

ITALY

Command by Pope Pius II, from which it took its name, and an almost perfect example of architectural transition, between the feudal castle and Renaissance military stronghold. Begun in 1461, was completed after a suspension of work, evident in the asymmetry in the height of towers



Photos

334688_l 334689_l 334690_s 334691_s