Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Pulaski Park Fieldhouse

Category: Parks and Recreation

Used in the following map:

Labor Trail

In 1912, the West Park Commission created Pulaski Park as part of a citywide effort to provide open spaces for recreation in crowded immigrant neighborhoods. Like other parks of the time, Pulaski Park provided public baths and affordable hot meals. In 1914, the Park Commission added a field house and pool, which is shown in the accompanying photograph.



Photos

23345_s