Search CommunityWalk:


sangiorgio castle

Via Piave, 4
San Giorgio Canavese, Piemonte 10090, IT
Phone:+39/0124 32429-

Category: Villa&Castle

Used in the following map:

e-mail: info@castellosangiorgio
The Castle of the Counts of Biandrate at San Giorgio Canavese comprises a series of buildings, most of which were built during medieval times for defensive purposes. Standing on a rocky outcrop above the town, it was designed as a military fortress but was rebuilt several times over the centuries and only acquired its current layout during the 18th century.In fact, although the castle was restored and acquired various improvements during the 17th century, resulting in its being described as "extremely fine and very beautiful" in the Theatrum Sabaudiae, the most important changes were not made until 1726 to coincide with the marriage of Marquis Ferdinando di San Giorgio to Marquise Vicarel de Fleury. From May to September the castle is open at weekends and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m.

Visits at all other times must be booked. Tel. 0124 32429


66613_s 66614_s 66615_l 66616_s 66617_s