Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Sant Agostino 's Convent

Category: Sightseeing

Used in the following map:

ITALY

http://www.comuneloano.it/old/htm/turismo/itinerari.htm
The Church and the Convent of St. Augustine arise in 1588 at the behest of John Andrea Doria and his wife Zenobia Carretto of the architect John Ponzello. The interior has three aisles divided by columns of stone Finale: the nave is vaulted with large lunettes stucco decoration dating from late sixteenth / early seventeenth century. There are conservatopere valuable as the paintings of the Martyrdom of St. Andrew of GB Paggi (1590) and Baptism of Jesus of BC Semino (1590). The walls of the home to the Assumption and Nativity paintings by Lucchese B. Brandimarte, signed and dated 1590.