Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Explore_small
Tutorials_small
Mymaps_small

Blank

St. Rose of Lima Church

Address:
1456 W 48th St
Chicago, IL 60609, US

Category: Religious Institutions

Used in the following map:

Labor Trail

Founded in 1881, St. Rose of Lima was the first Irish parish in the Back of the Yards. It closed in 1990. The two photographs show St. Rose of Lima as it looked in 1911. In one picture we can see the church's "curfew tower," while the other shows Father Dennis Hayes and a group of schoolchildren outside the church.

Back to the Back of the Yards Neighborhood Tour



Photos

23461_l 23462_s