Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Temple Bar/St Pauls Cathedral Panorama

Category: Panoramas

Used in the following map:

London Panoramas Google Map

Click to view panorama

Temple Bar is the last remaining gate of the old City of London. Built by Christopher Wren in 1672, Temple Bar divided Fleet Street and the City of London from the Strand and Westminster. It is infamous as it used to display the decapitated heads of traitors.


It was dismantled from its original location in 1878 and re-erected ten years later in Herefordshire after being purchased by Lady Meux. In 2004 it was moved back to the City of London and now stands between Paternoster Square and St Pauls Cathedral.



Photos

Templebar