Search CommunityWalk:
Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Vescovile's Palace

Category: Sightseeing

Used in the following map:

ITALY

The origins of the building are related to the events that led to the construction of the city within the walls of a new church. The first cloister, which overlooks the Sistine Chapel, there are traces of architecture, gravestones, inscriptions and fragments of frescoes of the Lombard-Gothic character including St. George with a knight, late fourteenth century, a Madonna with Child in the middle of the fifteenth century and a bezel groove with piety. In the eighteenth century Bishop's Palace was renovated nellle current form by Bishop Dominic Maria Gentile. Since 1788 the hall was completed with the access staircase with two flights and the entrance of the bishop, on which stands the coat of arms of Bishop Gentile. The pediment consists of a balustrade, is inserted at the center of one of the barriers to phytomorphic marble used in the cathedral of the fence as a baptismal font. Gentile is the bishop a portrait, a copy of which is located in the Episcopal seminary. The bishopric of Savona hosted Pius VII prisoner of Napoleon from 1809 to 1812, in the apartments built to the pontiff by the prefect Chabrol de Volvic.

As part of the Bishop's Palace, adjacent to the Cathedral, the apartments are of Pius VII, who hosted the pontiff, a prisoner of Napoleon, from 1809 to 1812. The premises include a courtroom lined with crimson damask, with the throne, placed between the portraits of Pius VII painted by PG Brusco and Domenico Rastellino, two paintings of the Virgin Birth of Augustine Oxilia, The Death of the Virgin by Paolo Gerolamo Brusco, the marble bust of Joseph ponefice Gaggini, taken from the prototype Canova, the bedroom and study. The forum was facing the cathedral where the Pope could hear mass behind the grate with carved cherubs, from the choir of the monastery of Santa Chiara, surmounted by a fresco by Paolo Gerolamo Brusco reported with the coat of arms of the family and Chiaramonti the papal insignia. In the main floor, the hall, above the rooms of Pius VII, is decorated by Stephen Brusco, two Marmori medallions with portraits of Pope Sixtus IV and Julius II on the sides of the fireplace, gender and eighteenth-century paintings, including where two views attributed to Lacroix port of Marseille and the French school.