The Walker-Johnson Building, headquarters of the WPA, at 1734 New York Avenue, Washington, DC. This is where Harry Hopkins and his fellow WPA administrators created one of America's greatest public policies - a work-relief program for 8.5 million unemployed Americans, working on hundreds of thousands of public works projects, many of which we still utilize and enjoy today. This photo was taken in March 1938. According to Emporis.com, the building has been demolished. Like the WPA, and like the hopes & dreams of millions of unemployed Americans over the subsequent decades, it disappeared. Photo courtesy of the National Archives.