You could be fortunate enough to have a roof that lasts thirty years plus, nevertheless you should not be shocked if the roof all of a sudden starts to drip. The moment that develops you are confronted with a decision, as after a roofing situation becomes obvious it usually requires immediate attention.
In the next few paragraphs we explain our technique when inspecting the roof on your home, although it may also guide you even though you do not live here in Vancouver, BC. In the event you ask a local roofing contractor in to give you a quote, keep these points in mind and consider he covers the same points as we do when inspecting your roof.
When examining any roofing system, then it's important to work with a collection of the best equipment and experience to identify the problem area. When we call your place we perform an in-depth check up of the roofing tiles, skylights, rain gutters, vent stacks, flashings, siding and windows to pin-point the exact location of the roof leak. This permits us to quickly uncover the problem and fix it correctly and in a very cost efficient manner.
There are a variety of things to take into consideration. Should you repair and maintain for a while, or bite the bullet and replace the roof? Repairs may cost you less right now, but it might be a better idea to spend the money on a new roof now rather than choose a short term solution. Here are a few tips for you to consider prior to making that decision.
Roofing Repair & Evaluation Guidelines
1. We are situated in Coquitlam, where trees tower over most homes and it rains all through autumn, winter and spring. Due to these circumstances, a build-up of leaves and tree droppings that encourage moss and algae growth is normal. Once moss or algae take root on your shingles you basically should repair the shingles because scraping it away only will cause extra damage.
2. Do an outside and an inside inspection
3. Just remember to identify loose or exposed nails. Heavy winds can weaken nails ever more, sooner or later letting so much shingle flex that shingles can blow off. Visual checks after a storm is very important.
4. Another sign your roof is due to be fixed is dodgy-looking shingles or jagged edges and missing granules. These indicators represent a failure of the shingle materials and strength.
5. Weakened flashing, rust areas, dark patches or dirty places as well as buckling or sagging in the middle of the roof are some indicators that your roofing requires attention.
What to Look For Inside
The inside inspection will be more difficult, but will give you a good idea what's happening while talking to a local roof repair technician. Seek out ceiling spots or obvious sagging in between the rafters. Pinpoint signs of moisture on your ceilings, or obvious sagging between the rafters. We advise you have us perform an thorough inspection of your roof after you have finished your inspection.
It is not easy for any amateur to pinpoint where a leak originates, which means you want someone with the right equipment to do that for you. Having a certified inspection you get a a more informed idea how much damage there really is. A good roofer can determine if a simple roof repair is all that is needed or if replacing the roof entirely is the better best option.
As a family held business, Your Home Services Group, has been servicing Vancouver homeowners since 1970. In the past 40 years, Your Home Services Group Ltd. has become one of the leading roofing contractors in the lower mainland
Your Home Services Group
408 East Kent Avenue South
Vancouver, BC V5X 2X7
(just click on the map)
Show End Points
Is a Polygon:
Inner Opacity: 0