Thanks to all who helped develop this map! We have concluded this portion of the planning process for the Bicycle Master Plan, and we are in the process of reviewing comments and drafting recommendations. This map will remain on the Internet for a while, but you will not be able to add information. STay connected to the Bicycle Master Plan through www.sanantonio.gov/sabikes
Hello! As part of the effort to update the San Antonio Bicycle Master Plan, we've created this interactive map to gather community input about the conditions for bicycling in San Antonio. We are looking for you to tell us what routes you use, what routes you believe are bicycle friendly or un-friendly, and areas where improvements are needed. These comments will be used in the development of the San Antonio Bicycle Master Plan Update and Implementation Plan.
On the upper right hand corner, click on "Login".
THREE WAYS TO COMMENT:
(1) Add a marker on a point and make a comment about the issue or condition. Click on the "Add Marker" link at the top of the page and then click on the location in the map. Please enter a short descriptive title (such as the intersection or address). Select the appropriate Category from the drop down menu, and use the Description field to elaborate on the issue, condition, or suggest an improvement.
(2) Draw a path to represent a route. To do this, click on "Start a Path" at the top of the page and then click at successive points on the map to indicate the direction of the path. A "tool bar" appears on the screen where you can edit the points on your path. Click the red "Stop Adding Points" button when finished. At one end of the path, please add a marker and enter a short title, the appropriate category, and a description of the route. To do this, click on the point and then click "Promote to Marker". Along your path, you can promote other points to a marker and provide a more detailed comment.
(3) Add a general comment. If you have a comment about bicycling in San Antonio in general, you can add a comment in the Comments box at the bottom of the screen. Just click Add A Comment.
1. A route you use regularly for bicycling
2. A route that needs a bicycle lane or path
3. Where a network connection is needed
4. Where a connection to/from a trail is needed
5. Where you make a bike-bus connection
6. Where traffic is uncomfortable to ride with
7. Where street sweeping is needed
8. Where a bicycle lane needs new striping
9. Where the pavement condition is bad
10. Where there are obstacles in a bicycle lane (trash cans, parked cars, etc)
11. Where water drainage is bad
12. An intersection that is difficult to cross
13. Where a bridge needs improvements or a new bridge is needed
14. A signal that does not detect bicycles
15. Where bicycle parking is needed
16. A site of a bicycle crash