Welcome! This interactive map is provided by the New Jersey Department of Transportation - Office of Bicycle and Pedestrian Programs to gather comments from the public about bicycling in Moorestown. We are looking for information about streets and routes you believe are pedestrian and bicycle-friendly, or un-friendly, and areas where you think improvements are needed.
The comment period is now <u>closed</u>, and all comments received are being addressed in the planning process to establish a comprehensive bicycle circulation plan for the Township of Moorestown.
If you have any questions about using this map or about the project, please send an email to:
Chris Schultz, Township Manager
The following location categories are shown on the Map:
1. A good side-street route, that provides an alternative to a main street. (Path & Marker)
2. A good scenic or recreational route. (Path & Marker)
3. A route that you use regularly. (Path & Marker)
4. The locations where you take your bike-on-the-bus (Metro) (i.e. where you board, and where you get off). (Path & Marker)
UN-FRIENDLY BICYCLIST CONDITIONS:
5. A difficult intersection to navigate (Marker)
6. Where traffic is uncomfortable (i.e. too fast, too much, too many turning movements) (Marker)
7. Where street sweeping is needed (Marker)
8. Where dangerous drainage grates exist (Marker)
9. Where you know a bicycle crash took place (Marker)
SPECIAL IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED:
10. A bicycle and pedestrian path (trail) is needed (potential or proposed) (Path & Marker)
11. A short path connection is needed (a cut-thru) (Marker)
12. Bike parking is needed (Marker)
13. An overpass, underpass or bridge improvement is needed(Marker)
14. Bicycle access to an existing staircase is needed (Marker)
15. A signal needs to be made sensitive to a cyclist(Marker)
--Turn marker categories on and off by checking/unchecking the category in the map legend located in the upper right-hand corner of the map. The map legend can be minimized by clicking on the down arrow to the left of the word "Legend."
--Review the content of a marker by clicking the marker icon on the map or clicking the link provided in the locations list at the bottom left corner of the screen.
--Remember that you can use different map views by selecting "Map", "Satellite," or "Hybrid."
--Use the pan and zoom controls in the upper left-hand corner of the page to navigate the map, or pan by clicking on the map and dragging.
(just click on the map)
Show End Points
Is a Polygon:
Inner Opacity: 0