Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

(Former) Trustee Savings Bank

Category: Historic Building

Used in the following map:

University of Strathclyde and around

TSB Building, Ingram Street

This elegant sandstone former bank was built between 1894-1900 by the architect J J Burnet (1857-1938). The lavish sculpture was designed by George Frampton and carved by sculptor William Shirreffs. The figure of St Mungo (left) was carved by Frampton himself, who also made the statue of St Mungo at Glasgow Art Gallery & Museum.



Photos

152515_s 152516_s