HIES/Montfort School started out in 1916 when Fr Laurent set up a building that would be the school in his 2 storey presbytery (called the Doctrine House) that still stands beside the Church.
Fr Duvelle set up the school with Mr Low teaching the Ch class on the ground floor of the new building and an EL class on the upper floor.
The school was expanded by Fr Becheras with a single storey block of 5 classrooms built along Upper Serangoon Road in 1927 and another block of 3 classrooms on the cemetery side in 1929. Another storey was added to the 3 classroom block in 1932.
The Brothers of St Gabriel arrived in 1936 to take over the running of HIES in 1936.
The school was relocated in 1991 to Hougang Ave 8 and the building demolished to make way for the new CHIJ (OLN) which currently stands on the site.