Holy Innocents' High School traces it's roots to the Chinese Mission that started it's missionary work in Singapore in 1832.
In 1916, Chinese classes were started by Fr. Duvelle on the ground floor of his presbytery beside the Church of the Nativity. The Chinese classes were taught by a Mr Low. (The 2nd floor had EL classes taught by Mr Lee Ah Kow which later became HIES / Montfort School)
Classes were discontinued but by 1920, with Fr. Becheras as supervisor, the classes grew in size and the school was changed renamed Holy Innocents’ Boys School.
In 1957, the school relocated to its current site which originally comprised of a two-storey building with 12 classrooms.
The following year, Secondary classes were started and the school was again renamed Holy Innocents’ High School.