The land was purchased in 1942 but the church finally built by 1 Dec 1953. Fr Moses Koh was the first Parish Priest.
The church was expanded in 1981 with side wings built under Fr. Loiseau and Fr barthoulot.
In 1999, the church was demolished to make way for a new church tat was built in 2002.
In pre-war days, the residents in the area celebrated mass at the home of a Catholic family with Fr Innocent Fernandez saying mass. As the congregation grew, another alternative was found at SJC school hall. Fr. P Messonier took over the saying of mass when Fr Fernandez passed on.