The Lim Ah Pin library dates back to 2 Feb 1954. It was the first branch of Raffles library located in Lim Ah Pin Road, off Upper Serangoon Road, at the Social Welfare Centre. The Colonial Secretary, W.A.C. Goode officiated its opening on 2 Feb 1954.
The Raffles Library and Museum existed from 1945 to 1960 for members of the public and was replaced with the National Library.