Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Mercat Cross

Category: Historic Building

Used in the following map:

University of Strathclyde and around

Mercat Cross, Glasgow Cross,
Completed 1930

This noble landmark replaces a similar artefact removed in 1659. It was designed by Edith Burnet Hughes in a medieval Scots style. It shows a rampant unicorn supporting a shield, and stands on a small octagonal pedestal. It was completed in 1930, and now stands at the busy hub of Glasgow Cross, one of the city's oldest areas.



Photos

152545_s