Built in 1923, this building originally housed the Kehilath Anshe Ma'arive (K.A.M.), the oldest Jewish congregation in Chicago. In 1971, the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr., founded Operation PUSH and purchased the building for its headquarters. While also housing the Rainbow Coalition (founded 1985), the building now serves as center of voter registration campaigns, labor mediation, and negotiation with major corporations to provide greater minority ownership and employment opportunities.