Paya Lebar Methodist Church was set up on 10th July 1932 after a few members from Wesley Methodist Church and the Straits Chinese Churches transferred. It brought up the numbers to 18 full time members.
Rev Abel Eklund conducted the inauguration service in a shophouse chapel at 166D Upper Serangoon Road.
Through funds raised, a four-room Church was built at 7 Boundary Road.
The old building was demolished in 1996 and made way for the current one that was completed 18 months later.