Set up in 1928, Serangoon Secondary School was first called Serangoon English School. It was then the only government co-educational school in the Singapore and a feeder school to Raffles Institution. In 1937, classes went up to Standard Eight and those who completed Standard Eight then went on to Raffles Institution and Raffles Girls' School.After the war, the school moved to Aroozoo Ave. and remained a boys' school for almost 12 years with Pre-University classes offered for both sexes in 1965.The school relocated to Lowland Road in 1967 and also changed its name to Serangoon Secondary School. Pre-U classes were shut down in 1976.In 2001, the school was relocated to it's current site at the reclaimed land at the end of Upp. Serangoon Road.Today, the school remains used by Dimensions International College, a school for international students at 58 Lowland Road.