Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Shophouses opposite Lim Tua Tow Market

Category:

Used in the following map:

Local Upper Serangoon History Sites

The row of shophouses across the street from LTT market. There were jewellery shops, electrical shops and also food stalls across the street in the 1970s and early 1980s. The buildings date back to 1929 and there was a place we called 'The Bar'....only thing is, it was really a place that sold cooked food (zhi char) in the evening with old folks having a stout or beer in the evenings. It had swivel doors with the word 'Bar' across it with tin spitoons that date back from a previous era.



Photos

578868_s 578869_s