St. Gabriel's School was set up on 3 June 1953 with a 212 students in five classes from Primary One to Standard Two. Rev Brother Louis Gonzaga was the founder and first principal of the school. It became a full school in 1959.
The school relocated to Serangoon Ave 1 in 1992.
For a time, Chartwell School occupied the premise. And later Girls Brigade Centre.