Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Blank

Tollbooth Steeple

Category: Historic Building

Used in the following map:

University of Strathclyde and around

Tollbooth, Glasgow Cross

The Tollbooth was first built in 1627 by John Boyd, then rebuilt by David Hamilton in 1814. It was once part of a much bigger toll building which was demolished in 1921. Seventeen bells are held within the steeple. The steeple was once part of the entrance to Glasgow, when a toll was paid for entry.



Photos

152534_s