The Village Hall was built in 1897 for the benefit of the residents of Tongham to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. The building was put into a charitable trust to be used for the benefit of the inhabitants of Tongham, their visitors and friends for use in engaging in physical activities or for social, moral, cultural or literary purposes.
Since then the Hall has been the home of various sports, cultural and social gatherings such as the Tongham Women’s Institute, and the Tongham Olde Time Dance Club, which met at the hall for over fifty years. A Badminton club used to meet regularly for several decades, as did a Boxing Club. Now our activities include Yoga, Tai Chi, Dance, Puppy Training, Table Tennis, Art Classes and children's parties.