Youngberg Memorial Hospital


Used in the following map:

Local Upper Serangoon History Sites

Youngberg Memorial Hospital was first opened in May, 1948 as a two-story house bought and renovated with funds from Church funds from the 7th Day Adventist group. It had 20 beds but was later expanded and opened as a larger hospital on April 24, 1952.

It was named in memory of G.B. Youngberg, a former misiosionary inn the Malayan Union, who was interned during the war and died at Kuching, Sarawak.

It was vacated in the 1990s and taken over by the Salvation Army.


578928_s 578929_s 578930_s 578931_s