Create_a_map_small
Mymaps_small



Downtown Roseburg Historic District - Landmark Tour

Walking, Audio, Interactive, Play along on your smartphone or pick up a passport map at any participating locations. Collect 5 Stamps enter to win.
(view on the map)
Jackson Street Coffee
742 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Built 1953
Legal Acreage: 0.08
(view on the map)
First Presbyterian Church
823 SE Lane Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 823 SE Lane Avenue
Roseburg, Oregon
Coordinates 43°12′25″N 123°20′45″W
Area Less than 1 acre
Built 1909
Built by Walter Singleton
Architect Bert Holmes
Architectural style Late Gothic Revival
Governing body Private
Part of Roseburg Downtown Historic District (#02000661)
NRHP Reference #88001162
(view on the map)
Howell–Kohlhagen House
848 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 848 SE Jackson St.
Added to Registry July 28, 1988
(#88001145)
Cord 43°12′24″N 123°20′46″W
(view on the map)
Judge William R. Willis House
744 SE Rose St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
(view on the map)
Old US Post Office
704 SE Cass Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 704 SE Cass Avenue
Roseburg, Oregon
Coordinates 43°12′28″N 123°20′46″
Area 1.5 acres
Built 1916
Architectural style Beaux Arts, Georgian, Georgian Revival
Governing body Federal
NRHP Reference #79002059
Added to NRHP June 18, 1979
(view on the map)
Roseburg Oregon National Guard Armory
1034 SE Oak Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 1034 SE Oak Avenue
Roseburg, Oregon
Coordinates 43°12′31″N 123°20′34″W
Area 0.41 acres
Built 1914
Built by John Hunter
Architect William C. Knighton
Architectural style Tudor Revival, with Vienna Secession and Arts and Crafts details
Governing body Private
Part of Roseburg Downtown Historic District (#02000661)
NRHP Reference #93000447
Added to NRHP May 27, 1993
(view on the map)
Napoleon Rice House
709 SE Kane St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
43°12′26″N 123°20′35″W
(view on the map)
Moses Parrott House
1772 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
November 6, 1980
43°11′55″N 123°21′07″W
(view on the map)
Methodist Episcopal Church South
809 SE Main St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 809 SE Main Street
Roseburg, Oregon
Coordinates 43°12′24″N 123°20′41″W
Area less than one acre
Built 1922
Architectural style Other, 20th Century Gothic
Governing body Private
NRHP Reference #85001179
Added to NRHP June 6, 1985
(view on the map)
Kohlhagen Building
630 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 630 SE Jackson Street
Roseburg, Oregon
Coordinates 43°12′31″N 123°20′41″W
Area 0.27 acres
Built 1906, expanded 1908, 1912
Built by Patterson (1906 portion, possibly remainder)
Architectural style Transitional Italianate/ Commercial Style
Governing body Private
Part of Roseburg Downtown Historic District(#02000661)
NRHP Reference #97000589
Added to NRHP June 13, 1997
(view on the map)
Judge James Watson Hamilton House
759 SE Kane St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
759 SE Kane St.
43°12′23″N 123°20′36″W
February 21, 1997
(#97000141)
(view on the map)
Creed Floed - Lane House
544 SE Douglas Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Location 544 South East Douglas Avenue
Roseburg, Oregon
Coordinates 43°12′43″N 123°20′45″W
Built 1854
Architectural style Classical Revival
Governing body Douglas County Historical Society
NRHP Reference #74001684
Added to NRHP December 31, 1974
The Floed–Lane House, also known as the Creed Floed House, is a Classical Revival house in Roseburg, Oregon. It was completed in 1854,[1] although some researchers believed the year was 1860.[2] The house is a standard, two up and two down design with upper and lower story porches. It was home to the daughter of Joseph Lane and generations of descendants of the Lane family until it was donated to the Douglas County Historical Society in 1960, following damage sustained in the Roseburg Blast of 1959. The Lane family intended the gift as a memorial to Joseph Lane and family.

Aaron and Sarah Rose, for whom Roseburg is named, sold an acre of their 1851 Donation Land Claim to Solomon and Hyman Abraham in 1860. The Abraham brothers purchased an additional acre from Rose in 1861. Speculation exists about whether the Floed–Lane House had already been constructed on the property purchased by the Abraham brothers. In 1866, Roseburg merchant John Creed Floed and his wife, Sarah Emily Lane, daughter of Joseph Lane, purchased an acre from the Abrahams, and the house was part of the transaction. General Lane lived in a two-room house nearby but spent his daylight hours with his children and grandchildren in nearby houses, including the Floed–Lane House.[2]

The house is known by several names, including the Lane House, the Joseph Lane House, and the Creed Floed House, and the description accompanying the NRHP nomination form begins, The Lane House General Joseph "Creed floed House" in Roseburg was built in 1853–54. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
(view on the map)
Old Booth Bank
567 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Salon Volta
567 Southeast Jackson Street, Roseburg, OR 97470
Description
English: The historic Booth Bank building (built 1902), located at 567 Southeast Jackson Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a historic, but non-contributing, resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Douglas Funeral Home
809 SE Pine St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
i.e. Engineering Inc. / i.e. Structural LLC
Civil Engineer
Address: 809 South East Pine Street, Roseburg, OR 97470
The historic Douglas Funeral Home building (built 1926), located at 809 South East Pine Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District. As of the photo date, the building is occupied by an engineering firm.
(view on the map)
Roseburg Station/McMenamins
700 SE Sheridan St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
McMenamins
700 South East Sheridan Street, Roseburg, OR 97470
The historic Southern Pacific Depot (built 1912), located at 700 Southeast Sheridan Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District. As of the photo date, it has been adapted as a restaurant and pub.
(view on the map)
Roseburg Elks Lodge
749 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Roseburg Elks Lodge (built 1905), located at 749 Southeast Jackson Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a historic, but non-contributing, resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Masonic Temple
920 SE Cass Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Masonic Temple (built 1909), located at 920 Southeast Cass Avenue in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Medical Arts Building
1014 SE Oak Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Medical Arts Building (built 1928), located at 1014 Southeast Oak Avenue in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Pargeter Building
808 SE Lane Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Pargeter Building (built 1952), located at 808 Southeast Lane Avenue in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Kohlhagen Apartments
911 SE Lane Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Kohlhagen Apartments (built 1922), located at 911 Southeast Lane Avenue in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Kohlhagen Building/Draper's
640 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Draper’s Draft House
640 SE Jackson St
Roseburg, OR 97470
The historic George Kohlhagen Building (built 1906), located at 622-640 Southeast Jackson Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed on the US National Register of Historic Places.
(view on the map)
Rapp Garage
723 SE Pine St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Rapp Garage (built 1923), located at 723 Southeast Pine Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Rose Hotel
805 SE Stephens St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
The historic Rose Hotel (built ca. 1925), located at 805 Southeast Stephens Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a contributing resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Sheridan Brothers Hardware
572 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Colt Financial Inc
572 SE Jackson St.
The historic Sheridan Brothers Hardware building (built 1884), located at 566-572 Southeast Jackson Street in Roseburg, Oregon, United States, is listed as a historic, but non-contributing, resource in the Roseburg Downtown Historic District.
(view on the map)
Brix
527 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Brix
527 Southeast Jackson Street
Built 1893
Legal Acreage: 0.05
(view on the map)
Ami Japanese Restaurant
634 SE Cass Ave
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Year Built: 1906
(view on the map)
Alexander's Greek Cuisine
643 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Year Built: 1888
Legal Acreage: 0.06
(view on the map)
Dino's Ristorante Italiano
404 SE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Year Built: 1898
Legal Acreage: 0.05
(view on the map)
Bagel Tree Cafe
228 NE Jackson St
Douglas County, OR 97470, US
Year Built: 1923
228 Northeast Jackson Street
Legal Acreage: 1.22